If you want a recipe that will make your house smell like you have been slaving away in the kitchen for hours but really requires little work this that recipe! This is so rich in flavor with the perfect mix of savory and sweet. It took everything in me to not eat the leftovers for breakfast and wait till lunch. (But who am I kidding? This would have been a great breakfast)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 (15 oz) cans of whole coconut milk
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 2 heaping tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1.5 tsp white whine vinegar
- 4 cups frozen vegetables (I used cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and petite peas)
- 1 package cornbread mix (made according to directions if it requires and egg and you want to keep it vegan use a flax egg**)
**1 tsp flax seed mill and 3 tbsp warm water
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan, add the garlic, cook for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk, thyme, rosemary, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and white whine vinegar. The sauce will being to thicken and reduce. Simmer for 10-12 minutes. Prepare the cornbread while it cooks. Add in the vegetables to the sauce mixture and cook for 3 more minutes.
Prepare a pie plate with spray oil. Pour in the vegetable mixture until it’s 3/4ths of the way full. Pour the cornbread mixture over it until it’s just below full. You will have extras. I put the rest in a little corning wear dish I had for the girls.
Cook for 30-35 minutes or until the corn bread is golden and cooked through.
Serve and enjoy!