We love a good breakfast burrito and since we have been experimenting with tofu we were excited to try it out as an egg substitute. The texture was perfect and and the flavors came together so well in this burrito. It’s also another perfect quick and easy meal to whip up.
- 6 white mushrooms; sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper; sliced
- 1/2 an onion diced
- 1 package extra firm tofu; crumbled
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/2 tsp of cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and turmeric mixed with 3 tsp of water.
- lime juice
- 1 can refried beans (vegetarian)
- sliced avocado
- fresh cilantro
- 1 roma tomato; diced
- wraps of choice
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook for 6-8 minutes until vegetables are soft.
Add the crumbled tofu and spice mixture. Stir well to fully mix and cook until completely heated through.
Heat the refried beans and then spread on the wrap. Add the tofu mixture, avocado, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro.
Wrap up and enjoy!