This recipe is so creamy and tastes delicious! Blair couldn’t tell the difference and it’s a great way to sneak in some veggies to those stubborn toddlers. I found the recipe over at Vegan Yumminess and it’s a winner in my book. The key is the nutritional yeast to give it that “cheesy” flavour.
- 2.5 cups dried macaroni noodles (cooked according to packaging)
- 1 russet potato; peeled and diced
- 1 carrot; sliced
- 1 onion sliced (I used leftover minced onion which was a little harder to use so I don’t suggest that)
- 3/4 cup water from the boiled vegetables
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/5 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsps salt
- 1 pinch paprika
Bring some water to boil in a small pot and add the cut up vegetables. Cook for 10 minutes until they are tender.
Add the water, veggies, cashews, coconut milk, salt, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic powder, and paprika to a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour over the cooked macaroni noodles and mix.
Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.