Well this is the second time I am writing this post! First bout of technical difficulty for our little blog but luckily it didn’t take me too long to figure out! This recipe is worth the wait though, I promise! The finally recipe of our pasta week is definitely my favorite.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- half an onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1-2 zucchinis, sliced*
- 6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 3 cans (14 oz) italian diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (14 oz) white beans
- 4.5 oz baby spinach
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 7 oz macaroni noodles (prepared to al dente directions)
*In hindsight i would halve or even quarter the zucchini slices, especially if you have little ones
Heat a large pot and add the oil, onion, celery and carrot. Cook until the onion is soft and transparent.
Add the garlic, zucchini, and basil cooking for 2-3 more minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juices, the beans and their liquid, spinach, vegetable stock, parsley, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add the pasta, combine and serve immediately.